Ingredients – serves 8
For the dough:
- 225 g soft butter, at room temperature
- 50 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 350 g flour
For the filling:
- 4 small apples
- 100 g of sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour
Make the dough:
- Mix the butter and sugar in a large bowl until just combined.
- Add 1 egg and 1 yolk (keep the egg white for later) and beat for 2 minutes until the mixture looks a bit like scrambled eggs.
- Mix the flour quickly under the egg mixture until it crumbles, combine into a ball, wrap it in cling film and put in the fridge for 45 minutes.
Make the filling:
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon and flour in a large bowl.
- Cut the apples into thin slices, put them in the bowl with the sugar mixture and shake until the apple slices are covered on all sides with a layer of the sugar mixture.
Make the galette:
- Heat the oven to 190C / 170C fan / gas 5, cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off ¼ of the dough and roll the rest into a circle with a diameter of about 28 cm and place on the baking sheet.
- Arrange the apple slices in several layers on the dough but leave a 4 cm border, then fold this edge inwards.
- Roll out the reserved dough, use a cookie cutter to cut out the dough and decorate the folded edge of the galette.
- Brush the dough with beaten egg white and bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
2 thoughts on “Apple galette”
So beautifully presented, well done (:
Thank you! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person