Ingredients – makes 12
For the muffins:
- 350 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml milk
- 125 ml yoghurt
- 60g butter
- 100 g diced smoked streaky bacon
- 80 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 black olives
- 10 large sundried tomatoes
For the garnish:
- 12 small fresh thyme sprigs
- a handful of rocket leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 black olives, pitted and sliced
Make the muffins:
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Put paper cases into a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Put the flour, baking powder, oregano and salt in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat and pour into a second bowl.
- Beat the milk, yoghurt and eggs into the melted butter.
- Tip into the dry ingredients and quickly stir to combine until smooth.
- Lightly fry the bacon and add to the batter with the parmesan and feta cheese.
- Chop the olives and sundered tomatoes into small pieces, tip into the bowl with the batter and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases and bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Garnish with the thyme sprigs, rocket leaves, cherry tomatoes and sliced olives. Serve warm or cold.