Ingredients – serves 8
For the cake:
- 225 g plain flour
- 225 g sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 g butter
- 400g ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g raspberries
Make the cake:
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Line a 20 cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Put the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat and pour into a second bowl.
- Whisk the ricotta, eggs and vanilla into the melted butter.
- Tip into the dry ingredients and mix to combine until smooth.
- Add 150 g of the raspberries and very gently fold through.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin, level the surface and place the remaining raspberries on top.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.