Ingredients – serves 8
For the pastry case:
- 225 g plain flour
- 125 g butter, diced and chilled
- 40 g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
For the chocolate truffle filling:
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 500 ml double cream
For the dark chocolate ganache:
- 50 ml double cream
- 50 g dark chocolate
For the topping:
- 25 g dark chocolate, shaved
- 200 g blackberries
Make the pastry case:
- Tip the flour and butter into a food processor and whizz to fine crumbs. When not using a food processor: rub the flour into the butter between your fingers until they form fine crumbs.
- Add the sugar and egg yolk, then whizz to a smooth dough. When not using a food processor: knead the sugar, egg yolk and buttery flour crumbs to form a smooth dough.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry to a thickness of about 3 mm.
- Line a 20 cm tin with the rolled out pastry and prick the base all over with a fork.
- Place the lined tin onto a baking tray and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Bake the pastry case for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully tip the baked pastry case out of the tin, put it on a wire rack and leave to cool.
Make the chocolate truffle filling:
- Break the chocolate in small pieces into a large pan and pour in 150 ml of the cream.
- Put on the lowest possible heat and stir until the chocolate has melted and everything is combined. Take of the heat and set aside.
- Put the rest of the cream into large bowl and whisk until the cream looks like a thick milkshake.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the bowl containing the whisked cream and fold together until they are evenly and smoothly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the cooled pastry case, put in the fridge and leave to firm up for 2 hours.
Make the dark chocolate ganache:
- Heat the cream in a small pan until just steaming, then take off the heat.
- Break the chocolate in small pieces.
- Add the chocolate to the warm cream and leave to melt for 5 minutes.
- Stir to make a glossy ganache, then set aside to firm up a little.
Assemble the tart:
- Pour the dark chocolate ganache on top of truffle filling, carefully even the surface with a spatula and leave to set for 15 minutes.
- Decorate with the blackberries and sprinkle over the shaved chocolate.