Ingredients – serves 12
For the chocolate spread:
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 90 g butter
- 200 g sweetened condensed milk
For the banana muffins:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 150g sugar
- 75 g butter
- chocolate spread
Make the chocolate spread:
- Break the chocolate in small pieces and put them in a small pan with the butter.
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a very gentle heat, stir for 5 minutes until glossy.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the sweetened condensed milk until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the chocolate spread in a glass jar and set aside to firm up.
Make the banana muffins:
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Put paper cases into a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat and pour into a second bowl.
- Mash the bananas and stir with the sugar and egg into the melted butter.
- Tip into the dry ingredients and mix to combine until smooth.
- Divide ⅔ of the mixture between the paper cases in the muffin tin.
- Put a heaped teaspoon of the chocolate spread in each muffin hole, then cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and leave to cool.