Ingredients – Serves 6
For the pancakes :
- 100 g plain flour
- 300 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the cream filling:
- 200 ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
For the topping:
- 1 orange
- 100 ml water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon peeled pistachio nuts
- a few dried rosebuds
Make the pancakes:
- Tip the flour in a large bowl.
- Mix the milk, eggs and sunflower oil in a jug.
- Beat the liquid mixture into the flower until you have a smooth batter.
- Melt a little knob of butter in a heated pan and pour in 2 tablespoons of the batter to cover the bottom of the pan. Flip over when the batter is set.
- Remove from the pan when both sides are cooked and put on a plate to cool. Repeat until you have 12 pancakes.
Make the cream filling:
- Pour the cream into a large bowl and whisk to soft peaks.
- Add the icing sugar and whisk to stiff peaks.
- Spoon the whipped cream in a piping bag and put in the fridge to cool.
Make the topping:
- Put the juice and zest of the orange in a small saucepan.
- Add the water and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the orange sauce has thickened and the zest softened.
- Roughly chop the pistachios and crumble the rosebuds to loosen the leaves.
Assemble the rosewater orange pistachio pancakes:
- Fold each pancake in four and arrange on a large plate so they overlap to form a circle.
- Lift the corner of each pancake pocket and pipe in some of the whipped cream.
- Scatter over the chopped pistachio nuts and rose leaves.
- Drizzle with the orange sauce and zest.