Ingredients – serves 6
For the tagine:
- 4 large chicken breast fillets
- 4 red onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 70 g tomato purée
- 800 ml chicken stock
- salt and black pepper
- 500 g dried pitted prunes
- a small bunch of fresh coriander
- a handful of almonds
- steamed couscous
Make the tagine:
- Peel and chop the onions. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, tip in the chopped onions and fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes to soften.
- Cut the chicken breast into small strips, add to the onion and fry for another 5 minutes, then add all the spices.
- Pour in the chicken stock and the tomato purée, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, then simmer over a low heath for 10 minutes.
- Cut the prunes in half, throw into the pan and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the tagine from the heath. Pick the leaves from the coriander and roughly chop with the almonds, scatter over the tagine.
- Serve with the steamed couscous