Ingredients – makes 6 small jars
For the marmalade:
- 1 kg green tomatoes
- 750 g sugar
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 2 red chili peppers, deseeded & thinly sliced
Make the marmalade:
- Wash the green tomatoes and cut into small pieces.
- Put in a large casserole and mix with the lemon juice, sugar and thinly sliced red chili peppers.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour into sterilised jars, wipe the edges clean and seal. Leave to cool.
- Great with some matured hard cheese and sourdough bread.