Ingredients – serves 6
For the flatbread dough:
- 500 g strong flour
- 7 g dried yeast
- 1 heaped tsp salt
- 350 ml tepid water
For the flatbread topping:
- 2 mulled pears (works also with fresh pears)
- 2 figs
- a small bunch of watercress
- 1 tablespoon of pistachio nuts
- 8 slices of Serrano ham
- 150 g soft goat cheese
- 250 g mascarpone
- 250g ricotta
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- black pepper & salt
Make the flatbread dough:
- Put the flour into a large bowl, add the yeast and salt. Gradually pour in the tepid water while stirring.
- Bring the dough together with your hands, tip onto a floured work surface and knead for about 10 minutes until it’s smooth and springs back when you pushed it with a finger.
- Oil the large bowl, put the dough back inside and cover with cling film.
- Leave to rise for 1 hour until the dough has doubled in size.
- When risen, tip the dough onto a floured work surface, divide in two and roll out each portion into a large rectangle.
- Slip on a baking trays covered with baking parchment, cover with cling film and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
Add the flatbread topping:
- Heat oven to 240C/fan 220C/gas 9.
- Mix the goat cheese and mascarpone, spread a layer of the mixed cheeses on the 2 risen flatbreads.
- Slice the pears and figs and devide evenly between the 2 flatbreads, add dollops of ricotta in between the slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and risen.
- Remove from the oven, scatter with pistachio nuts, add the watercress and Serrano ham.
- Season to taste and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.