Ingredients – serves 6
For the smoked paprika & sweet tomato pork:
- 600 g pork mince
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 750 ml passata
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- black pepper & salt
For the pineapple salsa:
- 1 pineapple
- 2 red onions
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded & thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juice only
- a small bunch of coriander
- 1 tub of soured cream
- 18 taco shells
- a few lime wedges
Make the smoked paprika & sweet tomato pork:
- Fry the pork mince and shallots in some olive oil until brown and cooked through.
- Add the cumin, smoked paprika, ginger, sugar, vinegar and passata and cook for 5 minutes on a high heat.
- Simmer for 18 minutess on a medium heat, season to taste and keep warm.
Make the pineapple salsa:
- Peel, core and dice the pineapple.
- Peel and dice the red onions.
- Chop the coriander, leaves only.
- Mix the pineapple, onion, coriander, red chili pepper and lime juice together.
- Heat the taco shells.
- Serve the warm pork mince in the taco shells with the pineapple salsa, soured cream and lime wedges.